Help improve healthcare in our community through Georgia’s new tax credit opportunity
Crisp Regional Hospital is excited to be partnering with the Georgia HEART Hospital Program to implement this exciting new rural hospital tax credit.
Georgia taxpayers can now receive a state income tax CREDIT for 90% of the amount they contribute to qualified rural hospital organizations such as Crisp Regional Hospital (up to the limits set forth below).
Taxpayers who itemize deductions on their federal income tax returns will be able to take a charitable income tax deduction for the entire amount of their contributions.
How much can I contribute for a tax credit?
If you pay Georgia income taxes, you are eligible to receive a tax credit for contributing to Crisp Regional Hospital as follows:
- Married Filing Jointly: 90% of the amount contributed or $10,000, whichever is less
- Must contribute $11,111 to receive full $10,000 tax credit
- Individual Filer: 90% of the amount contributed or $5,000 per tax year, whichever is less
- Must contribute $5,556 to receive full $5,000 tax credit
- C-Corporation or Trust: 90% of the amount contributed, up to 75% of its Georgia income tax liability
How do I sign up to contribute?
- Complete and submit your 2017 HEART Tax Credit Form at http://www.georgiaheart.org/georgia-heart-tax-credit-form, or mail a completed copy of the form to:
3740 Davinci Court, Suite 375
Peachtree Corners, Georgia 30092In the Designated Rural Hospital Organization box be sure to type in Crisp Regional Hospital.
- Georgia HEART will submit your tax credit pre-approval form on your behalf to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR).
- Within 60 days of receiving DOR tax credit pre-approval, send a check made payable to Crisp Regional Hospital to Georgia HEART for deposit to the hospital’s account.
- Georgia HEART will send you confirmation of your contribution and instruct you on how to submit a copy to the DOR.
- Georgia HEART will send you a tax receipt and filing instructions for 2017 tax filing purposes.
Your contribution will increase our hospitals funding and our ability to provide for the healthcare of individuals in our community! Click here to learn more about how your contribution helps Crisp Regional Hospital.
For information about the rural hospital organization expense tax credit, visit the Georgia HEART website at www.georgiaheart.org or contact Crisp Regional’s Brooke Marshall at email@example.com