Cordele Health and Rehabilitation Center (CHRC) is a 100-bed skilled nursing facility that offers long-term rehabilitation services to patients facing cardiac, orthopedic, neurological or other health challenges. Our goal is to help patients return home with their previous level of function restored and an improved quality of life. Services at CHRC include 24-hour nursing care, complete with IV therapy and wound care; physical, occupational and speech therapy; dental, ophthalmic and podiatric care; and a wide range of specialized services.
Also located in CHRC is a 10-bed short-term Medicare unit, specializing in short-term rehabilitation for those recovering from illness, injury or surgery. After discharge, patients either return home or to assisted living, or they may stay in the long-term facilities available at CHRC.
CHRC hosts a variety of recreational, arts and crafts and social activities that enhance emotional, mental and spiritual health. We are one of two rehabilitation centers owned and operated by Crisp Regional Health Services, along with Crisp Regional Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
Those in need of rehabilitation services or permanent placement can call the admissions director at 229-273-1227 to determine the best Crisp resources for your needs.
Who we are:
CHRC joined the Crisp Regional Health Services family in 2013 and shares its leadership team with Crisp Regional Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Our care team includes registered and licensed practical nurses, certified nursing assistants, therapists, dietitians and other health care professionals. Community volunteers also assist with activities and services at CHRC.
Senior Nursing Home Administrator: Rena Dickerson
Medical Director: Guido Ring, MD
Admissions Director: Rena Ray
What we do:
- Short-term recovery care for illness, injury or surgery in our 10-bed short-term Medicare unit.
- Long-term nursing and rehabilitation care to predominantly older patients, with an emphasis on maintaining or improving function and quality of life.
- Rehabilitation services include physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
- Dental, ophthalmic and podiatric care.
- Specialized services, including:
- Therapeutic plans for patients with neurological needs, sports injuries, joint replacement, orthopedic repairs, plantar fasciitis, back pain, geriatric complications or vestibular/vertigo
- Wound care/management
- IV therapy
- Worker’s compensation issues
- Pre-habilitation for joint replacement
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue massage for myofascial release
- Manual therapy and therapeutic exercise
- Neuromuscular re-education, balance and gait training
- Management of pain and swelling through electrical stimulation, iontophoresis, ultrasound and more
- A variety of activities that enhance emotional, mental and spiritual health; recreational activities such as arts and crafts, bingo, bowling and pizza and popcorn socials, often provided with help of community volunteers.
Billing and admissions:
We accept Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance and private pay. With questions about receiving care at Cordele Health and Rehabilitation Center, or to discuss which Crisp rehabilitation facility best meets your needs, call the admissions director at 229-273-1227.
Cordele Health and Rehabilitation Center
1106 4th Street North Cordele, GA 31015